why Financial Services?
The Financial Services industry is made up of organizations that deal with the management of money. These include retail and commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, and stock brokerages. These firms provide a variety of financial and investment related services for consumers, small business, and commercial clients. Many financial services companies are becoming digital companies, using technology to help customers manage their finances in innovative and efficient ways.
- Manage production of daily financial statements and balance sheets and provide analysis of both
- Provide business and accounting support as necessary
- Other responsibilities may include performing monthly financial and reporting functions, preparing weekly inventory reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, financial analytics experience, and advanced experience with Excel and complex spreadsheets typically required
- Provide support for pricing, corporate actions, account reconciliation, cash input and reconciliation, settlement monitoring, and maintenance of custodian relationships
- Monitor and process corporate actions, reconciling portfolio holdings, trading activity, and cash balances with custodian bank statements, researching and resolving any discrepancies
- Work across teams to ensure data accuracy for monthly client statements
- Bachelor’s degree and organizational and interpersonal skills typically required
- Detail oriented, flexible, and able to multitask
- Oversee implementation of security incident and event management platform
- Ensure safeguarding of customer information and manage malware platform for threat detection, developing alerting and monitoring procedures
- Perform incident response and information security tests, mentor consultants, and act as an information security advisor
- Effectively respond to, contain, and remediate client information security incidents
- Degree in Computer Science, experience managing security incident and event management platforms, and expertise in threat detection techniques typically required
- Strong background in Information Security practice, deep knowledge of IT Security Forensics and Investigations, and solid communication and organization skills required
- Motivated and willing to take on challenges, able to multi-task, and has the ability work independently and with minimal oversight
- Direct experience working with security controls and processes; vulnerability scanning, patch tracking and alerting, and patch deployment required
- Degree in technology/business or equivalent experience preferred
- Assess adherence to policies and procedures with respect to internal limits and risk management controls
- Recommend changes in policies, procedures, and data analysis tools for identifying, measuring and controlling risks inherent in the Bank’s business lines
- Computer skills required, including strong knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software, as well as strong ability to analyze and extract data from reports
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) and related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Capital One’s Military New Hire Transition Program was created to support the unique needs of newly transitioned military personnel. The program utilizes webinars, live instruction, and one-on-one conversations, to achieve four goals: creating connections, understanding culture, providing clarification, and being compliant.
about the sponsor
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business, and commercial clients. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 largest banks based on deposits, Capital One serves banking customers through branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.